Building Canada with open minds and open hearts
Jagmeet Singh says that with love and courage we can build a better Canada.
We want to build that better Canada by empowering everyday people.
Inclusion means we talk to everyone in our communities – especially with people who feel they don’t have a voice.
We talk to:
- people who are homeless or housing insecure,
- people from other countries, customs, cultures and backgrounds,
- people challenged by their addictions or mental health,
- people who live in poverty or are isolated by economic constraints,
- people who don’t feel safe because others fear their sexual orientation or gender identity,
- people among us who experience oppression or violence,
- people with varying abilities whether physical or mental,
- people who are told they are too young or too old to feel like their voice counts,
- people who are told they are different,
- people with opposing views, opinions and beliefs to our own, and
- people labelled as other – instead of as us.
For us to address the issues in our communities and our territory, we can collectively come together to find solutions that work.